25th June 2020
West Lothian Council would like to say thank you to all parents and carers.
12th May 2020
Please find below a Powerpoint with hints and tips to support you and your child.
7th May 2020
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for all that you are doing to support your child's learning in these uncertain times. We appreciate the challenges that we are all facing as we adapt to the current circumstances and hope that you find the information in this link helpful to you as you continue to support your family's wellbeing.
We appreciate the additional challenges that are faced by our children and young people with autism at this time and hope that you find this resource and sources of support helpful to you.
Please find below a link to barefoot computing which has lots of ideas for learning at home.
Parks and Children's Play Parks
Our parks can be used for exercise as long as the rules on social distancing are adhered to.
It is very important that there is no use of Children's play parks/areas. Children's play areas are closed. Please don't gather at benches, picnic tables or anywhere else.
The national advice is: Public gatherings of more than two people who do not live together are to be prohibited.
Please avoid touching potentially contaminated surfaces in parks and play parks/areas, including play equipment, park furniture, handrails, gates, and signage etc.
Please play your part and adhere to this guidance.
Can we please remind all parents/carers not to use children's full names or anything that can identify them if posting onto our blog or social media sites. Anything that could cause a child to be identified through our sites will be deleted as part of our procedures for child protection.
Support through Educational Psychology
Please find below information about how to access support through the Educational Psychology Team during school closures.
School packed lunches and hot meals update from tomorrow (Wednesday 25 March)
All Children Entitled to Free School Meals (including all P1-P3) can collect a packed lunch and a breakfast cereal bar/cereal or have a hot meal at the following schools between 12 noon and 1.30pm. The list of locations has now been extended and is below.
- All 11 secondary schools
- All of the primary schools are listed below:
- Addiewell Primary School
- Armadale Primary School
- Bellsquarry Primary School
- Blackridge Primary School
- Bridgend Primary School
- Deans Primary School
- Dechmont Infant School
- East Calder Primary School
- Greenrigg Primary School
- Harrysmuir Primary School, Livingston
- Howden St Andrew's Primary School, Livingston
- Kirkhill Primary School, Broxburn
- Kirknewton Primary School
- Knightsridge Primary School, Livingston
- Longridge Primary School
- Mid Calder Primary School
- Murrayfield Primary School, Blackburn
- Our Lady's Primary School, Stoneyburn
- Parkhead Primary School
- Peel Primary School, Livingston
- Polkemmet Primary School, Whitburn
- Pumpherston and Uphall Station Primary School
- Riverside Primary School, Livingston
- Seafield Primary School
- Simpson Primary School, Bathgate
- Springfield Primary School, Linlithgow
- St John The Baptist Primary School, Fauldhouse
- St Mary's Primary School, Bathgate
- St Ninian's Primary School, Livingston
- Torphichen Primary School
- Westfield Primary School
- Winchburgh Primary School
- Woodmuir Primary School
A small number of children entitled to Free School Meals (FSM) who live at remote addresses will be contacted to offer help accessing these centres.
In the event that children are unable to access teams, copies of the activities for the day are also posted on the School Blog.
Visit Speech Link for lots of speech and language resources, advice and tips for parents working at home with their children who have SCN.
Please find below information regarding maintaining learning during school closures.